This is Scarlett. She's a 16 hand thoroughbred and that's about all I know about her.
The blue barn where she lives is east of the new barn and has its own large pasture. (The white barn belongs to someone else and isn't on Tim's property.)Scarlett joined us last December. I don't know the particulars of the story, but from what I understand, the woman who owns her very suddenly needed a new place to board. She contacted Tim who let her rent out the blue barn and its pasture.
Since the blue barn is accessed by its own lane, I rarely see those who are renting it. I have met Scarlett's owner once but she works odd hours, so our paths don't cross very often.
Scarlett seems healthy and happy despite not having a pasture mate. Her owner mentioned once that she wanted to bring another horse out, but that has yet to happen. Still, it would not surprise me to see a new face out there one day.

No comments:
Post a Comment