Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Puddle Ponies!

That Kentucky Derby fabric wasn't the only fabric I received at the Indy Blooms show. Trina Slowinski and I had been chatting a week or so before the show, and she'd asked if I'd like to have a big bag of vintage horse fabrics from her aunt's stash. All she asked in return was that I make her some haversacks from this fabric.


Puddle Ponies! Horses dressed in rain slickers, hats, and galoshes with ducks in the pockets of the coat! How cute is that?


There was just a yard of it, but because the print was not one-way, I was able to get two traditionals, two classics, two curios, two stablemates, and one stablemate foal haversack from it.

With only a 3 x 2 in square of fabric left. Yay for so little waste!

Thanks, Trina, for your gift of fabric! I am having so much fun stitching it up into haversacks and pony pads.




No comments:

Post a Comment