Sunday, May 7, 2023

Indy Blooms Weekend 2023: New Ponies!

Indy Blooms is a two day event with a show on Saturday and a swap meet on Sunday. I like to go to Church and do some volunteering at Church on Sundays as well, so I only attended the show. But we had a mini swap meet in my living room Saturday evening and I was able to add some new models to my collection.


As a thank you for letting her stay with me over the weekend, Liz brought me this circus horse souvenir from the Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey Circus.  It is in excellent shape and is standing among some of my other circus ponies right now.


Craig is a relative of P.T. Barnum  and his cousin Joe was a clown with the circus until the mid to late 1990s or so. Needles to say, there are several ways in which I connect to this piece! Thanks, Liz!

The rest are all from Steff's collection - she'd brought a lot of vintage molds to sell. (Thanks, Steff!)


Hyksos, the Black Stallion mold in "ageless bronze." I already have this piece. (Nancy Young talks about mine in her book.) He has lost half an ear; I was glad to find another one with both!


This is my fifth 5 Gaiter in the 5 Gaiter sorrel color and brings my 5 Gaiters collection to 26. 

Photo from Google Images.

One of my favorite molds, and my 3rd 5 Gaiter with eyewhites. This color always makes me think of Three Musketeer Bars!


My absolute favorite mold is this boy right here - the Semi Rearing Stallion. This guy has the early Breyer stamp, half a dorsal stripe, and  hand painted mane tendrils. He is #34 in my collection, and the fourth buckskin.


Bay Running Mares are one of the most common Breyers to be found but I love her. She's a semi gloss and I have a bay Running Foal who needs a mama.  I need to do some shelf rearranging but that will happen soon. She makes for #18 in my Running Mare collection.


I don't know how I missed Carinosa when she was first offered! Probably because I had gone back to teaching, some of our kids were in college, others were in high school and junior high, all were playing sports, and I was doing volunteer work. A busy time in our lives! 


But I have her now and she is lovely!


Finally, even though I showed him yesterday, I can't leave Tiz the Law off today's list.

Seven new models either as a gift or through horse trading of some sort. I'd call that a good weekend!

That wraps up the Indy Blooms show. Now I am getting ready for Nancy Falzone's get together at the end of this month, Clover Classic in June, plus BreyerFest is getting closer and closer.

Never a dull moment in the model horse hobby!



4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! So excited to hear that you are planning to go to Nancy's get together. :) See you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed but it is iffy. I am hopeful. I'd really love to see Nancy.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Your new circus horse souvenir from the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus is gorgeous! I love the iridescent/mother of pearl-ish coloring. Is it a Breyer or a look-alike mold by someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a Breyer copy! Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey sold it and a copy of the Western Prancer as souvenirs to those going to the circus and online. I got my Western Prancer from the circus's web site.

      Delete