February may be the shortest month when it comes to days, but it can feel like the longest month as it drags on and on. It is finally waning (a brighty spot in and of itself) and between the February blues and the loss of Pepper's sister, Paige, I decided that looking at the brighty spots in my life would do me some good. Here are a few that made me smile; I hope they do you, too.
Brighty Spot 1 - JC and Jaycie got engaged!
Yes, you read that right, they do have the same first name. They call themselves "JC Squared."
They are both students at BYU Idaho and what started as friendship has turned into something much deeper.
She is standing in a heart shaped ring of tea lights and hanging on a line behind them are some of JC's favorite photos of them together.
Hawkeye Sarah and Todd are over the moon and our entire family is looking forward to gathering in Utah later this summer for the wedding.
Brighty Spot 2 - Abby in the sun!
Sunshine and warmer temperatures have made the snow melt.
Which meant that Abby's mud spa was open for business!
And she took full advantage of it. (That may not be a brighty spot for me, but it sure is for her!)
Brighty Spot 3 - Titan is Recording Again
Two weeks ago Titan was back in the studio working on another project. (He's at the bottom right.)
I don't know anything about the song they are recording, but I look forward to listening to it when it is released.
Brighty Spot 4 - It's Cambria's Turn in the Recording Studio!
This is a HUGE brighty spot for Cambria. Mountain Mama Jessica got a call from the composer who has been using Titan in the songs she has been recording ( Born to Bring us Joy, Small and Simple Faith are two of them) and this time she wanted Cambria!
Not only will she be singing, she has a solo. Cambria is so excited to have been invited to be a soloist. Wish her well Tuesday afternoon!
Brighty Spot 5 - Leslie's Book Signing

There are three lead authors who directed the project plus contributing authors like Leslie who wrote a chapter or two.
Leslie and the other authors.
Super proud of you, Leslie! And I can't wait to dive into your book!
(Brighty spot 5A - my jeans are hanging off me. I've lost a little weight and it is starting to show. Yasss!!)
Brighty Spot 6 - Random things that made me smile.
Playing games with family members on the weekend.
With some teasing from Teacher Daughter Lisa - I keep my cards straight and neat, and she loves to do just the opposite to make me laugh. (Works every time!)
Brave spring flowers responding to the late February warmth.
Flowers have been pushing up all over in the stepping stone garden but it was not to last.
Saturday morning we had a minor snowfall.
and the stepping stone garden's flowers had a light blanket of snow. Hopefully they will be okay.
Working on a project to help a new live show out. I love to sew and when I can combine sewing and the model horse hobby, I am all in. Thirty mini haversacks done, thirty more to make.
I'm feeling a little "brighty-er" now; sure hope you are, too!
Congratulations to JC squared ! 😊 Gosh it seems like only yesterday when you told me of JC's birth and now look 💕
ReplyDeleteGrands grow up even faster than our own kids do!
Delete