Yesterday was not one of my better blog posts. I really was feeling out of sorts.
I have an excellent Primary Care Physician and started the day with a 9:00 appointment with her. She examined me and then sent me to Imaging with STAT orders for a CT scan. That STAT order eliminated several hours of waiting - I got right in and then had the results in less than two hours.
This picture was taken while I waited for my CT scan and shows how tired and stressed I was.The hernia was much larger than when it was last checked, and so now I have another STAT order to see a surgeon. My PCP is so concerned that I get it fixed that I have a phone number to call if I don't hear from him by the end of today or if his schedule is too busy to get me to surgery soon. Dr. Kengeri will intervene on my behalf if that is the case.
Things are moving quickly, not necessarily a bad thing but more than a little overwhelming. I went home after a long morning and was excitedly greeted by our "Wednesday friends."
"Happiness is a warm puppy" (coined by Charles Schultz) has a lot of truth in it.
They make me smile when they play Little Red Riding Hood and work out the napping arrangements. (Mama has taken over Tammo's bed and fluffed up his blankets to suit herself. I love how her ear is flopped over the side of the cushion.)
They steal toys from each other and then hold them in their paws or lie on top of them to protect them from being (re)stolen.
Nash has won the red twist from both Pepper and Tammo and he's flopped down on it while holding a bone and a pull toy under his front paws and chin.
They make us all happy when they are here and yesterday the dogs tagged around with me quite a bit. Maybe they sensed that I was unsettled (okay, grumpy) and I certainly had some interesting smells on me after spending the morning in a medical facility. Whatever it was, I was grateful to have them close by. (It goes without saying that I felt the same about Craig and Lisa, too!)
Routine can also make me feel better when life isn't going quite how I'd like and sewing is a near-daily routine for me. Currently I'm working on a custom shirt for a woman who came into my tent during the Feast.
She wanted this shirt (and bought the black and red one), but the blue shirt was too big. I ordered more fabric and am working on that for her now.
Sewing is peaceful and I especially enjoy pleating, which is needed for the sleeves and neckline of a trade shirt. Pleating the sleeves yesterday afternoon was relaxing and a bit of normalcy, something I was craving.
I ended the day with a much calmer "come what may" attitude and feeling better prepared to face the upcoming challenge of another surgery. (Less grumpy, too!)
Speaking of the Feast, I have a fun question connected to it to ask as part of the November Give Away. I'll post that tomorrow!
Oh so completely understand that 'craving for normalcy.' Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, Lynn <3
ReplyDeleteOh boy Lynn...I pray it gets sorted soon and that you feel 100% better in time for the holidays. I'm supposed to have surgery again on my right foot. I don't want too. It won't kill me if I don't, but walking will continue to get more difficult. Yet if the surgery gets messed up like the last time, idk if I will be able to walk at all, so that scares me.
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts and prayers your way, Lynn.
ReplyDeleteAnd a cyber HUG, too.