Sunday, November 3, 2024

More New Models

Be still my heart! The Breyer 2024 Advent Calendar has arrived!


Chock full of quirky Mini Whinnies and accompanying tack, barn tools, and more (none of which I collect, but still!!), I am so excited to have it in hand!


And it's not just me who gets excited about Breyer's advent calendars - Jennifer works for Dover Saddlery in Denver and she wrote that when the Breyer advent calendars arrived, it was the first thing to sell of all the Breyer holiday merchandise.

There's something about opening a little door daily throughout December and taking out a surprise goody. 


It reminds me of digging through the box of Cracker Jacks for the prize when we were kids! I can't wait until December 1 to find out what's behind each door!

For several weeks now, I've been in physical therapy twice a week for my back. The place I go is close to Tractor Supply. After one session last week, I stopped by on a whim.


Normally the local Tractor Supply doesn't carry the full line of holiday specials (I never did get Jolene and was so disappointed) but this year they had the two I wanted, Big Blue and Peyton.


Big Blue is a fundraiser for the FFA (Future Farmers Association), an organization that I support, 


and he's on the Clydesdale mold, a vintage mold and an old favorite of mine.


Big Blue has a gold ribbon in his forelock, 


gold braids, tail ribbon, and hooves,


and "FFA" stamped on his belly.


His coat is textured to emulate the iconic blue corduroy jackets that FFA members wear.


Purdue University often hosts the State FFA gathering, and it's fun to see the high schoolers all over campus wearing their blue jackets as they walk from activity to activity.


Peyton, a Quarter Horse done on the Adios mold, also came home with me from TSC.


Peyton is not a portrait of a real horse, he's an example of the breed.


And as the text on the box reads, "Like many Quarter Horses out west, he sports his ranch's brand on his hip."


He is nicely shaded and was the only one left in the store. 


Adios is an early mold first introduced in 1969


and sculpted by Chriss Hess (and based on a sculpt by James Slick.)

So, two new models on vintage molds and a box of 24 Mini Whinny goodies to look forward to opening! Add to that the new pieces I posted about yesterday and it was a very good, model horsey week.


Reminder! Last call for blackened beeswax ornaments! After 11:59 PM Eastern time this evening, I will not be taking any more orders. Email me at horsiemama8@gmail.com to order.





No comments:

Post a Comment