Tuesday, November 12, 2024

Counting the Kicks with the Colts!

Entries are now closed for the November Give Away. I'll be checking those and sorting the answers onto two wheels - one for correct answers (if any) and one for a second chance spin. I still have not decided what the winners will receive, but I have some ideas. Stay 'tooned on that.

In Breyer news, an announcement was sent out yesterday to members of the Collectors Club. Around 1:00 PM Eastern today, the 2024 Holiday Blind Bags will be available to order. You can order up to two bags  per Collector Club account.


No announcement on the molds, colors, or price. This non Stablemate collector has her alarm set and will be checking them out. If I like them, I will order a couple. (That may be the last time I ever that I say that I don't collect Stablemates. With over 100 in my collection, clearly I do!)

Hawkeye Sarah has been with us since Saturday, here on a work trip but staying with us instead of a motel to get some family time in.

Today she heads down to Indianapolis to the Indianapolis Colts practice facility where, sponsored by  Colts Wide Receiver Ryan Kelly, his wife Emma, and the Colts team itself, her organization, Healthy Birth Day, is holding an event for underserved pregnant mothers. 

Count the Kicks is part of Healthy Birth Day's stillbirth prevention program, and because Ryan and Emma's first daughter was stillborn, they are interested in educating other families about how counting a baby's kicks during the third trimester can help indicate possible problems with the pregnancy.

Sarah is passionate about maternal health care. Just this past September, President Biden signed a bill giving states more flexibility to use federal funding grants to help prevent stillbirth. Sarah worked on getting that bill passed.


She was working on the Colts' event while she was here and some of that included checking out billboards she'd contracted to advertise the event.


So, Sunday afternoon Lisa, Curt, and Vanessa drove her around town to help her find the three she'd had put up in the Lafayette area. 


Craig and I stayed home with Ian, Mila, and Lukie, playing Rudolph Bingo, watching Home Alone together, and grilling out burgers and hotdogs for a family dinner.


Sarah was only here for a short time, but Tammo absolutely fell in love with her.


He followed her like he was glued to her side, and even slept in her room with her, ignoring our calls to join us when we went to bed!

She left early this morning to head down to the Colts facility where she has several meetings and set-up to supervise before the event at 6:00 this evening. 

They had planned for 200 women to come, but far more than that signed up, so there is a bit of a scramble - making sure they have enough food for the dinner, swag bags for each expectant mom, and more. Meanwhile, Tammo is very sad right now - she's not coming back until Christmas.

I'll work on the spin to wins today so stay 'tooned to find out what that man was licensed to ride and who our two winners are!



No comments:

Post a Comment