The bay Saddle Horse from the Carolyn Boydston collection has arrived.
Breyer's bay models are personally my least desired color, but Hagen Renaker bay? It's my favorite. It is just so dark and beautiful.
This piece is the foot-together version of the Saddle Horse.
There are two variations of the foot-together version of the Saddle Horse.
When I compared my new bay to the palomino I got a week ago, I realized that I now have both versions of the mold.
Can you see the differences between the two? The bay has a shorter face and body, the neck is more arched, the legs are thicker, the tail is thinner and attached differently,
and it is taller than the other piece.









The different manes leap out at me (photos 5 and 6, there is a big forelock too!), followed by the size of hoof. Is "foot-together" the official term? It seems to me that "joined-foot" is easier to say. // What a delicious dark-chocolate cocoa color. I'm having a hard time believing you don't like bays.
ReplyDelete