Tuesday, July 29, 2025

Aha! I Thought So!

When I checked on the horses yesterday, I also went into the new barn to be sure lights were off, doors closed, and that all was as it should be. As I opened the tack room door and flipped on the light, this was what I saw:


Three new saddles!


The very ones I'd seen at Saturday's garage sale at my neighbor's home!

Honestly, I wasn't surprised. Tim loves to buy saddles and other tack, and these three were in great shape and reasonable priced. In yesterday's "the horses are fine" text, I teased him a little, saying I'd done a barn check and that I really liked his new saddles.


We are still under a heat advisory so I was not surprised to find the horses were staying cool in the old barn. I called to them like I used to call Abby, and all three came trooping out! (Eazy and Sultanna on the left; Hokey still inside and in the door of the barn.) Made my heart leap a little bit when they did!


No more pics but the horses were fine and happy and, despite the heat, Sultanna and Eazy stayed outside to graze for a while.

For today's barn check, I have a note to myself to remember those treats. And I have to say that heading out to the barn daily feels normal and right, just like it used to. 

I'm so  grateful that Tim asked for my help. 


1 comment:

  1. Healing takes as long as it needs, and big losses take longer. I am so glad you are enjoying barn visits again.

    ReplyDelete