It came! It came! Despite an email saying the delivery had been delayed, my new desktop showed up yesterday morning!
And Craig, bless his heart, dropped everything he was doing (again) and got my computer set up and running so I would be ready for the start of BreyerFest today. (Thanks so much!)
While the new desktop will facilitate BreyerFest, there are still some non-tech challenges to writing blog posts.
Normally Pepper and Tammo are my writing companions, but there have been some "plus ones" for the last week.
And there is no way I am going to shoo the four of them out of my office (which, as you can see, is also doubling as the sewing room at the moment.) We are chatting and laughing and sharing, all while making memories that are already very dear to my heart.
Tammo is especially happy to have Kate and Susie in the house, and last night climbed into bed with Kate! I agreed to let him sleep there if he wanted to and if Kate didn't mind. (You can probably tell from her face what the answer to that was.)
So.... back to BreyerFest! I feel like it is Christmas morning and I am waiting for everyone to wake up and gather by the tree.
My usual Virtual Fest Friday plans are to go out to the "horse park" (the barn) and visit the horses, and then come home and go online. I turn on the live feed, shop, and begin trying to find out who the mystery surprise horse is.
Several of you wrote me and said that I had not dreamed it, that there really was a Family Arabian Mare and Foal pair in this year's auction. I was able to find a photo online of the two.
(If this is your photo, PLMK so I can credit you!)
The fact that those molds have been used is interesting. Did Breyer have some whiteware set back for something like this? Or did they pour a whole bunch with plans for a run of some sort? If it's the latter, then chances are higher for the mystery surprise to be the FAM and FAF.
Rarely am I on the computer late at night, but since I was still getting to know this desktop, last night I was. To my surprise, an email from Breyer was waiting for me, saying that the last of my order had been sent with tracking included.
The other one is on a different account and I have not received any email from Breyer there. I hope I don't end up having to work things out, but if I do, I know Breyer will make it right.
In the meantime, the day is finally here and I am going to enjoy it. I hope you all have fun, whether you are there in person or at home like me.
Happy Horse Fest!





You are blessed to have a husband like Craig! Congrats on the new desktop.
ReplyDelete