First Post of the Day
I'd like to say that, with one NAN already under our belts, Kathy and I were cool, calm, and collected (alliteration!!) for NAN 1997.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!! Not so! Held over two days (July 23 and 24) and with 174 entrants, the show was far bigger than the 1995 show. Cue the nervousness!
The show was held again in the Holiday Inn Ballroom which made it so the location was somewhat familiar for us both, but was it ever CROWDED. Even worse than NAN 1995.
(Like the 1995 NAN photos, these will have glare and distortion.)
Kat and one of THE nicest vintage Stablemates I have ever seen with its Top Ten ribbon. (Kat, I don't have any more pics of you from this NAN. I'll keep looking.)
Windsong Jaarko (named after my Finnish friend, Merja's, son.)
Fancy Freckles, a North Light British Spotted Pony. (You don't see North Lights at shows much any more but I sure loved him. Still do!)
MacIntosh took a Top Ten in the OF Plastic Native/Historical Costume class.
I was lucky enough to get on Lenore Jacobs' list for a Native American costume years ago. It always did well at shows. I still have it, but I rarely show performance any more.
Here is a recent photo of the complete set. It interprets the Lakota Sioux Nation.
Ouiatenon (guess where I got that name? LOL) took a Top Ten in OF Plastic Western Pleasure.
He also competed in the games division but didn't place.
You can see from this picture just how crowded we all were in the ballroom.
Two days of showing is a lot, but we still had plenty more to do on our BreyerFest agenda. One of those things was Equilocity.
Stay 'tooned!









No comments:
Post a Comment