Happy Fourth of July!
And since it's hot and very summery outside, how about beginning with a horsey (and wintery) song.
Sleigh Ride on an O-roll Ochestrion! (Video from Bruce Newman/DuoArtOrgan.)
I said I would post a little about how my player piano works.
The video will show part of what goes on inside. (A second video that I made will not upload for some reason. I'll keep trying.)
I snapped a photo of its interior. You can see part of the cast iron that makes up the inner workings.
Since it's the Fourth of July, let's hear my favorite piano roll one more time - The Stars and Stripes Forever.
I'm off to go eat some Texas Sheet Cake and play some bocce. Wish me luck and enjoy your holiday!
Wait, speaking of eating cake, would you like to have my recipe? Here ya go!
Texas Sheet Cake
Cake
Mix together 2 c. sugar and 2 c. flour in a mixing bowl.
Into a saucepan, put 1 c. butter, 1 c. water, and 3-4 heaping Ts of cocoa. Bring to a boil, and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Add 2 eggs and beat until blended.
In measuring cup, mix 1/2 c. milk, 1 T. vinegar, and 1 t. soda. Pour into mixing bowl along with 1 T. vanilla and beat. Pour into greased sheet cake pan and place in oven. Bake 25 - 30 minutes at 375. Remove and set aside.
Icing
Into the saucepan put 1/2 c. butter, 1/3 c. milk, and 3-4 heaping Ts of cocoa. Bring to a boil and pour over 1 lb. powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and pour over cake right away.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment