Saturday, July 26, 2025

July Give Away Winner & More

Here is the July Spin to Win!

Congratulations! Let me know which show apron you want and please confirm your current mailing address. I will pop your apron into the mail for you on Monday or Tuesday.

Not only am I working on show aprons, (and teaching tiny tailors) but I am beefing up my stash of haversacks. Here are a few more that I've recently completed.

(Some of the photos are a bit skewed - my back was hurting and so I took the pics while sitting down. Not the best, but it is what it is.)


Southwest Sunset, small Classic size.


This one fits several Traditional foals, too.


Bay Horse & Saluki, Classic size.


Scale is such a tricky thing - many of Breyer's models vary in size within a scale.


When it comes to fitting a model to a haversack, the scale is a beginning point, but I always show my sewing mat grid so that customers can figure out the actual size of the haversack when determining if it will fit their model.


In 2023 I wrote a short series called "Scales within Scales" discussing this issue and the problems I run into when I sew and then classify pouches by scale.


Foals & Flowers, Classic size.


Again we have the "what fits" juggle - a Classic model,


a Traditional foal,


and a Traditional pony, all of whom will fit in this particular haversack!

Oh, before I forget - my extra Totilas/Surprise Horse has sold so it is no longer available. Thanks for the interest.


Looks like the rain has stopped for a bit, so I am off to the frisbee field with Pepper and Tammo. Wish us luck as we dodge the raindrops!



2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the great horse-related fabrics you've made haversacks from. What an amazing variety!

    Also congratulations to the giveaway winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats FastApp!

    I love that foals and flowers fabric, it’s adorable in a very vintage-y way. And so alliterative!

    ReplyDelete