Wednesday, July 23, 2025

Lukie, Tailor in Training

Second Post of the Day

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!

Me: Hi, Curt! What's up?

Long pause.

Muffled sounds.

Some breathing sounds. 

Me: Everything all right over there?

More muffled sounds.

Lukie: Grammy? Will you teach me to sew? (Speeding up) Momjustboughtmethissewingkit. Ithas24threads. 24!! That's a lot! And one is GOLD! (Slowing down) It's really gold! I want to use that one! There are three... um... things um... that are sharp...

Lukie comes up for air and I break in.

Me: Pins?

Lukie: No, they're sharp.

Me: Pins are sharp, sweetie.

Lukie: No, these, um, these go through the fabric.

Me (comprehension dawning): Oh, you mean needles.

Lukie (taking off again): Yeah! Needles! Iwanttolearntosew. Ithinkitwilltakeaweek, maybeanhouraday. CanIcomeoverandyouteachmehowtosew?

Me (a little overwhelmed): Well... sure! We can do that. Do you have a project or something you want to make in mind?

Lukie (surprising me with his insight): I think I should learn the stitches first.

Me: That sounds like a good idea. Let me talk to Dad and we will get it arranged.

Lukie: Thanks, Grammy! (muffled noise) Dad, Grammy wants to talk to you.

And thus began an unanticipated summer project,  just like that!

Boy howdy, stay 'tooned on this one, folks! LOL

Don't forget the July Give Away! Comment to enter!




5 comments:

  1. That is really sweet! Personally I think every young person (boy or girl) should be taught the basics of sewing (and cooking) but to have Lukie ASK you to teach him, is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! There’s nothing better than a kid who has a passion to learn something. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I anticipate some very special moments ahead with this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should make for some fun sewing sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart kid to want to learn to sew!

    ReplyDelete