Yesterday's barn visit was from a distance - the horses were waaaaaay out in the north field. Abby deigned to put her head up when I called her but decided that seeing me the treats that I bring were not worth the walk up.
As I stood there and whistled again, I heard a nicker behind me.
I did get some information on her pasture mates - Tim and I crossed paths at the barn.
The two new horses actually belong to a friend of the family who bought Diablo. With Tim's permission, they brought their elderly horses in and are splitting the board bill with Diablo's owners.
The question he and I both have is, are Diablo's owners still planning on moving her to their trainer's barn when their lease is up at the end of this month? Or is our time with her growing shorter and shorter?
I've known Diablo for almost ten years and am very fond of her. She may no longer be in the pasture with Abby, but she's close by and I still get to see her. I will miss this sweet mare is she if moved.
I've known Diablo for almost ten years and am very fond of her. She may no longer be in the pasture with Abby, but she's close by and I still get to see her. I will miss this sweet mare is she if moved.
Time will tell.


No comments:
Post a Comment