I really was curious about the new Paddock Pals that popped up on eBay two weeks ago. (Breyer still has made no mention of them on their web site or on social media.) Because black is my favorite horse color, I bought Smokey, the black Marabella.
The box is open at the top, so the seller covered the model with paper to protect it during shipping.
I was pleasantly surprised when Smokey arrived - I like him!
His eyes are beautifully painted and non cartoonish, and you can see Marabella's braids in his mane and tail.
The model is a very flat black with no other shading and the plastic has that tinny sound of styrene or other cheap plastics when tapped.
Breyer calls this line "Paddock Pals," but as you can see, Smokey is not the same size as the original Little Bits/Paddock Pals.
He's actually closer to the Classic/Freedom scale.
Word has it that 5 Below sells these and I may go check out the one here in town and see if they have any of the others.
Not that I'm planning on collecting these; just because I am curious. (We all know how THAT goes!)
No comments:
Post a Comment