Friday, October 8, 2021

No More Trouble

Yesterday Tim and I crossed paths at the barn and as we took a few moments to catch up, Tim dropped a bombshell on me.

"I sold Trouble," he said.

You could've knocked me over with a feather, I was so surprised.


Long story short, the couple who'd bought Diablo last fall divorced and the husband moved to a fifteen acre farm west of town. The lease for the blue barn was up at the end of this month and so he bought Trouble to ride and as a companion for Diablo. Wednesday both horses were moved to their new home.


I've always thought that Trouble looked a lot like Breyer's Quarter Horse Gelding.

Trouble was bred by Tim and born out in the northwest pasture. He's spent his whole life here, so moving will be a new adventure for him. (I'm glad he has his long time pasture-mate Diablo with him.)

Despite my surprise, I can understand Tim's decision to sell. Tim and I are about the same age, and horses are a lot of work. I understand the feeling that you are slowing down a bit and need to lessen the work load.

Happy trails, Trouble.






1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that was fast! And yes, it is great that the two pasture mates are moving together to keep each other company. I hope Abby adapts OK to this change.

    ReplyDelete