I had been feeling down because I am not up to the rigors of BreyerFest and had chosen to stay home. And then I got a text - Beach Son Kyle is coming for an extended visit! Kyle and his family are not able to visit often and so now all his siblings (except Mountain Mama Jessica) are coming too! Oh, my... it's going to be crazy.
Kyle and Curt "dancing" in the dining room several Thanksgivings ago. The crystal and china survived; hope it does this visit, too! LOL
Hope there are no alligators in those floodwaters, Kyle...
For three weeks I will have family popping in and out and that has lifted any FOMO I may have been feeling about missing BreyerFest. Much as I'd like to attend, family always comes first for me. There is no way I would ever miss a visit from any of my kids or their families.
It's not the first time I've had to choose between BreyerFest and family. In 2019 I attended BreyerFest for a Thursday/Friday then travelled down to Nashville on Saturday to spend a few days with Music City Son Cole and his family to celebrate his birthday.
As for Mountain Mama Jessica, she and her family auditioned for the musical Matilda and they all received roles. (Grammy brag: Titan has a lead and plays Nigel.)
We are sad to not see her, too, but we are getting together later this summer in Utah and she is coming out for The Feast of the Hunters' Moon and Thanksgiving.
Plus, BreyerFest has a virtual component and I have participated in that every year it has been offered. It's a nice alternative - no heat and humidity, no lines or crowds, and air conditioned comfort!
This is going to be quite a July!






No comments:
Post a Comment