Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sleek & Shiny

All those things I hoped to get done yesterday? I did! The heat nearly wiped me out while planting the flowers, but they're in pots and planters and looking good.


This is my favorite planter. Begonias do well in it. (It's not really a planter, it's something I repurposed, but that's another blog post.)

But the flowers aren't the only things looking good in early summer. The horses are sleek and shiny. 


Listen carefully - that's Abby you can hear talking to me. She talks to me a lot and it never fails to make my heart melt.


I chose this photo of Two Socks because it shows her dapples, how deep a shade of gold she is, and the incredible contrast between her white mane and her gold coat.


Barn Buddy Kelsey's Dolly living her best life in on a beautiful summer day.


Another photo of Two Socks' beautiful mane and coat, and one where you can see Abby's dorsal stripe. She may have just turned a year old in April, but this yearling is as big as Abby!


Enjoy that fleabane now little girl; in the fall it will be burrs and tangles all through that pretty mane and tail.


Shiny! Shiny! Shiny!




2 comments:

  1. Your planter that's not a planter is gorgeous!
    What a wonderful way to repurpose, recycle, renew!!

    And wow is Two Socks ever a beautiful baby; hard to believe she's only a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty ponies! 💜

    ReplyDelete