Tuesday, June 6, 2023

How Do You Pack for Shows?

I'm a neat and organized person. That's why packing for a show can look like this.


Messy and unorganized!

I begin by pulling tubs and boxes out of the closet, and the havoc begins.


The 18th century clothing racks are pushed out of the way to make more room on the floor for sorting and organizing.


And tubs are placed so I can sit in a chair among them to pack.

And then the real chaos begins. Just a simple, "Hmmm, I wonder what boxed models are in those tubs on the top shelves of the closet?" is all it takes. 

Craig comes in and does the reaching, and I do the sitting and unpacking. Soon I am photographing everything in the top shelf tubs and then repacking them in a "more organized" way. (Which will be fine until the next time I decide it is not.)


That means I need more tubs and boxes


and more room in the closet. I am also looking up values on BVG and other sites because now I am curious how much their value has gone up since I last peeked at them.


 And before I know it, a lot of time has passed and not one model is packed for the show!

Today's the day - I don't care how nice it is outside or how much Abby is calling to me from the barn, I have got to get these models packed and ready.


Because I also have the haversack closet to pack up and bring 


and no doubt there will be tubs and boxes that are so intriguing that I stop, open them, and resort them into new places, too!

Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. Susan Bensema YoungJune 6, 2023 at 7:57 PM

    I hadn't fully appreciated packing as part of enjoying one's collection. But I do remember that preparing for shows makes for an awful lot of tack repair...!

    ReplyDelete