Friday, June 2, 2023

FOMO is Real

FOMO is real. It is especially real for this big guy. I've never known such a nosy, in your business, kind of dog.


If you are doing something (and that includes napping), Nash will be right there with you. And when he visits us, he checks out the entire house and then the front and back yard until he is assured that all is well. He follows you around all day to be sure things remain that way.

I've laughed at Nash's desire to be included in everything happening around here many times. Well, yesterday, he would have laughed at ME. I had my own case of FOMO for the Collectors Club Appreciation Event.

I waffled back and forth all morning - was I going to participate or not? 


I wouldn't mind having a glossed Peptoboonsmal or MorganQuest Native Sun, and I'd be okay with a glossy Aidah HP, but I absolutely do not care for Sjeord and would sell or trade it if I got one. Hmmmm... Should I or shouldn't I?

Barn Buddy Kelsey and I texted for a while, chatting about who we might want and whether or not we'd participate. As the start time for the event approached, I was still waffling. Would I or wouldn't I?

I glanced at the clock and yikes! The event had started! Being late to the party was all the prompt I needed to run upstairs and open my computer. (Thanks, FOMO.) After all, I was just going to check things, not buy anything, yet. Right?

Yeah, right. Ten minutes later...


I texted Kelsey to see what she'd decided to do, and she'd ordered as well. I discovered that, like me, she has a soft spot for Breyer's cake and ice cream models and had ordered Neapolitan, too! (I have them all, including Black Forest from BreyerFest 22.)


My luck has been very good recently with Breyer's gambler's choices or drawings. I'm hoping that trend will continue and that I will not get Sjeord.


No doubt Mr. FOMO will help me open the box when it arrives.






1 comment:

  1. I think Nash is great and he proves just how much he loves his family by checking out everything when he comes to visit. What a great big, goofy, loving fur-baby!

    Those glossies are beautiful!
    If I was in any of the Breyer Clubs I'm sure I would be worried about missing out on models. I'm not so FOMO is not an issue for me. Thank goodness as it would be difficult to keep up with Breyer's latest offerings!

    ReplyDelete