Thursday, June 22, 2023

I Miss Teaching

Most of my teaching career I taught a multiage 4th and 5th grade class which meant the students spent two years with me instead of the usual one. After two years together, when those kiddos moved on to 6th grade, they took a huge part of my heart with them. Occasionally I bump into one of them around town and it is always a delight to get to catch up.  And, if they ask to stay connected to me via social media, I say yes.

Angelina is one of those who has stayed in touch. Now out of college and working, we recently ran into each other and made plans to together for lunch. She loves horses, and so I also invited her to come out to the barn.


The horses were just as happy to see her as she was to see them.


She'd thoughtfully brought a bowl of sliced apples to share and you can tell by Abby's face that they are a welcome treat.


We had a lovely visit with the horses and I invited her to come out to the barn again when she had time.

That wasn't Angelina's first visit to the barn. When she was in middle school, she and her mom came out one August afternoon. They brought ice cream cups which we ate while sitting in the barn lounge chatting, and then we went out in the pasture to say hello to the herd.





This time she surprised me with some home baked cookies. 


Angelina once again spent time feeding the horses treats (carrots this time) and giving scritches.


Sometimes I really miss teaching. 




No comments:

Post a Comment