(Like that rhyme in the title? LOL)
Yesterday morning started out frosty cold. The moon was up and it was still dark when I got up and took Pepper out to do her business. Deciding to take a photo of that pretty moon, I snapped a few shots. It wasn't until later in the day that I noticed that I had snapped at just the right moment.
I caught a shooting star!
And the day just kept getting better. The sun came out for several hours and things began warming up outside.
Pepper and I play frisbee daily in the park (unless it's dangerously cold) and the ice on the lake was thinning and breaking up. We could see open water! I ended up sitting on a park bench while Pepper lay in the grass, both of us enjoying the warmer weather.
Abby was enjoying the sunshine, too. (Fortunately, not the mud spa. Yet.)
Temps in the 50s means the snow has melted away and the areas that the horses frequent most are a muddy mess. (Two Socks and Sultanna were not hesitant about indulging in that mud spa.)
It's Give Away Time!
My plan for 2024 is to offer a Give Away every month. It may be at the first of the month, it may be later, but there will be 12 giveaways this year. Same rules as always - you can enter once a day by commenting on that day's post or by emailing me at horsiemama8@gmail.com. A drawing will be held the next day or so after entries close.
My plan for 2024 is to offer a Give Away every month. It may be at the first of the month, it may be later, but there will be 12 giveaways this year. Same rules as always - you can enter once a day by commenting on that day's post or by emailing me at horsiemama8@gmail.com. A drawing will be held the next day or so after entries close.
February's Give Away is a book, Everygirls Horse Stories.
The book jacket has a little damage at the base
It's not a book from my childhood; I found it at an antique shop. But I've read the book and enjoyed it.
Entries begin right now and will end Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. NOTE: If you don't want to sign your name to your blog comment, please put your initials. Sometimes I have had a hard time figuring out who made which comments. Thanks!
What a great happenstance, getting the shooting star in your photo of the moon!
ReplyDelete