I knew that yesterday was going to be busy; I just didn't realize just how busy it would be.
Pepper and I went to the vet so she could receive her monthly injection of Percorten/Xycortal for her Addison's Disease.
Sultanna is in foal and due in May. She's a big boned mare but her pregnancy is showing.
The horses weren't the only animals at the barn who were happy about the warmth and sun that we have been having. (It got to 72 yesterday!) The birds were singing loudly all over the grounds. I pulled out my Merlin app to record and identify the birds that were singing.
The Eastern Meadowlark was really singing its heart out! And I could listen to bluebirds sing for hours. Such lovely songs.
Tim had seen couple of bald eagles on the property a few days ago, and we have a pair of red shouldered hawks that have been calling to each other in our neighborhood. (We also have a lot of bluebirds around our home, too.) Definitely the birds are enjoying this warmer weather.
Lunch with Craig, Curt, and Vanessa and then an appointment for my shoulder with the Occupational Therapist kept me busy until mid afternoon.
Breyer was busy yesterday, too.
Tickets for BreyerFest went on sale and will be discounted until mid April. All tickets are digital this year. I haven't bought mine yet, but I will soon. (Photo from Breyer.)
But Breyer wasn't done - they announced a test run offering for Collectors Club members. (Photo from Breyer.)
It comes with two pieces and Club members can enter to be drawn for the pair. The cost for both is $1200. I don't have plans to enter for them as I am not fond of either mold even through Merrylegs is a vintage Chris Hess mold. (Photo from Breyer.)
Finally, I wrapped up the day by finishing a second cloak.
Made from green wood, it is tied with black silk ribbons. (The cloak has not yet had its final ironing.)
The hood is lined with white silk - a first for me. Like wool, silk is very expensive. It is also tricky to work with - it's hard to iron, it's slippery and slides as you stitch, and it frays easily. But it is very authentic to the 18th century so when one of my favorite fabric suppliers had some silk on sale, I bought two yards to experiment with. I love the end result; it was worth the difficulties I had in lining the hood.
I got another cloak cut out after I finished the green one. This one is hip length (the green and blue cloaks are knee length) and is made from a gray wool. It too will have a silk-lined hood. Today's plan is to work on that before we head down to Indy where we volunteer a couple of times a month. (And check the herd, too, of course.)
It's going to be another busy day, but it's going to be a good one, too. I hope yours is as well.









No comments:
Post a Comment