The Conner Longrifle Show is this weekend down in Noblesville. It's only an hour away and Craig and I had planned to go, but then this happened yesterday.
We were expecting only an inch or so of snow,
but the storm shifted and we got 5 plus inches.
The initial layer melted and then froze, so there is ice under that snow and on the roads. As you might imagine, both Craig and I are very leery about ice right now.
Since I was not setting Jolis Chevaux up as a vendor, Leslie had asked if she could take some of my block print clothing with her and sell it at her booth.
In the past, my shirts have sold well, so it helps me out, too. Win-win for both of us.
While it snowed yesterday, I spent my time sewing. I finished this hooded wool cloak and am so happy with how it turned out! I have green, navy, black, and dark cranberry wool in my fabric stash and plan to make at least one more cloak to take to Kalamazoo next month.
With a remnant of the cloak wool, I made an 18th century pocket.
The bum rolls are stuffed with wool roving and they take more than you might think - that wool roving compresses and it took about a yard of roving for each bum roll.
Finally, just for fun, take a look at what played out in our living room during the snowstorm.
I noticed that Nashie was lying very closely to Pepper with his head by hers.
A bazillion toys were scattered over the living room floor, but he wanted the one she had. And he was willing to wait for it.
You can tell from his eyes that the wait has seemed like forever!
Poor Nash! He never fails to make us laugh. Such a good boy, but such a goofball, too.
Wish me luck - I think we are going to brave the snow and ice and head down to Noblesville.
If we do go, I'll share some pictures tomorrow. Stay 'tooned!








It's today so I am hoping midstream that you are having a safe, fun and productive day! I am... Our snow was 2 to 3 inches, but still far more than we've had heretofore.
ReplyDeleteI love how that wool cloak turned out!
ReplyDeleteAnd I will add my "be careful" out in the snow, too but also, have a good time.