Happy Leap Day! I once had a student who was born on Leap Day and he used to joke that he was really only two and a half. He would be eight and a half now (and he has four cute kids!) I think of him every February 29, so happy birthday, Adam B!
Not gonna lie, I am glad we have reached the end of winter. I have always preferred the meteorological seasons, so that means that tomorrow is the first day of Spring. A new month also means a new give away, so look for that to happen soon. (Most likely I will announce it Monday.)
Overall it's been a mild winter and the horses have weathered it well. (No pun was intended when I wrote that!) After having had recent temps in the 70s, we are now back below freezing. I think I mind that shift back to cold temps more than the horses do!
Speaking of water, I was filling the trough and the sound of that water flowing took me right back to my teens when I had my horses at home. I stood there and listened, then pulled out my phone to record it.
I thought you might enjoy listening, too.
The preparation for The Kalamazoo Living History event continues. I made a third cloak, this one a hip length rather than knee length like the other two.
The hood is lined with silk and I am really happy with how it turned out.
Teacher Daughter Lisa came over after school yesterday so I could take her measurements for a new 18th century dress, a robe a l'Anglais. (An English gown.) It will be even more difficult to make than the riding habits I made us both, so wish me luck. More on that tomorrow.
Stay 'tooned!

My cousin is 12 today! (48)
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine only have a "real" birthday every four years and having to celebrate either April 28 or March 1! Happy Birthday to your "young" cousin!
DeleteI'm sorry to hear that Dolly has passed away but if it has to happen then peacefully going to sleep is the way. Please extend sympathy to her owners from us blog readers.
ReplyDeleteGoing peacefully is a comfort to for loved ones as well. And I will - thank you. <3
Delete