Get ready because this is going to be a really random blog post bouncing through a mish mosh of things! (My favorite? The last part. Very excited about that.)
Were you able to guess the idiom that Pony Pal Kate was representing?
Reader Kat could! "Hold your horses!" Good guess, Kat! (Hmmm, I wonder who gave those horses to Kate?)
The neighborhood hay field was raked into rows yesterday. This makes it much easier to bale it.
You can see the raker in the circle. The farmer was on the far side of the field, while I was in my car and headed to an appointment, so I couldn't stop and wait until he got closer for a better picture.
That appointment was to see a cardiologist, one who was in another town, so we had a bit of a drive ahead of us. It's a long story that's still unfolding, but a doctor's visit earlier this month showed some issues. I've had some tests and more testing is scheduled, but it is becoming clear as to why I have been feeling so tired all the time. I'll share more another time.
Our drive home just happened to take us past our favorite roadside ice cream shop, the Lindy Freeze!
We stopped for a couple of blizzards and enjoyed sitting outside together having an ice cream treat in the (almost) summer sunshine. How about all those cookie dough nuggets topping my blizzard? The Lindy Freeze sure knows how to make a blizzard!
Teacher Daughter Lisa has some unexpected and very exciting news. She and her class are the 2024 winners of the Indianapolis 500 Mini Soapbox Derby!
The Indy 500 offers schools educational programs that are not only connected to the race but also to the Indiana Academic Standards for learning.
There are contests students can enter for writing and STEM learning. Lisa's class entered the STEM component and designed and built a mini Soap Box Derby car that they then mailed to Indianapolis where it competed in the Indy 500 Soap Box Derby Mini Car Race.
Boy howdy! The car her class built won the whole thing! She is going to tell her students today and they will toast their win together with the traditional Indianapolis 500 winner's drink.
Milk! (That's my all time favorite driver, Helio Castroneves who has won the Indy 500 four times.)
I watch the Indy 500 every year and have attended the race a couple of times. It's one of my favorite things about Indiana.
I even owned a horse I named Indy. (I am expecting Curt in this photo.)
Hopefully Lisa will send me some pictures of her kids and their milk. She no longer has their race car, but she's going to see if she can pop a picture of it up on their white board and have the kids gather around that as they toast their win.
Like I said, this was one mishy moshy post! And tomorrow's may or may not be the same. So...
Stay 'tooned!





Good Luck with your testing. Thoughts and prayers sent your way for a quick and successful resolution.
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations to Lisa and her class on winning the Indianapolis 500 Mini Soapbox Derby!
Yummy looking blizzard for sure! Wow, lots going on. Congrats to Lisa and her class. And do keep us posted on the medical results. You are a very special person! Take care!
ReplyDeleteWow congrats to Lisa and her class! That’s fantastic!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my prayers. ππΌπ
Wow, congratulations to Lisa's students ! It's nice to have weather pleasant enough to eat ice cream outside π Keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers π
ReplyDelete