It started with the tornado sirens blowing.
Twice.
I had just sat down to write yesterday's second post of the day when I received that video from Hawkeye Sarah and a one word text.
"Welp."
Welp, indeed. She and her family were preparing to drive from their home in Iowa City to ours and a line of tornadic storms had just reached them. Thus began a flurry of texts between us.
The tornado passed their home by less than a half mile but they were safe, thank goodness. Iowa City suffered some damage, but compared to other recent tornados in Iowa this spring, the city was fortunate.
We laid in a supply of necessary snacks - always a priority because we will be playing games late into the night all weekend.
Sarah and her family met Tammo for the first time. They'd brought Blue and Rhett with them, and we were a little surprised that Blue accepted Tammo immediately. (Then again, look at that face. Of course she did; wouldn't you?)
We'd ordered pizza for dinner. Lukie helped carry the boxes in. (With some help from Cousin Trinity.)
The pizza pick-up crew. Trinity, Todd, Ian, and Lukie.
Of course, we played Bank, a game that can have lots of people (regardless of age) playing all at the same time.
We had some very high rolling games!
Okay, I am hearing noises from the guest rooms and Blue, Rhett, and Tammo have all popped in to say hello. (Pepper got up with me and is by my feet as I type.)
Posting may be sporadic this weekend, but I'll do my best.
Stay 'tooned!



No comments:
Post a Comment