Some of my favorites. There are quite a few, but I love this mare so much, I just could not leave any of these out. They are in random order.
My first barn visit after I'd spent a week in an Indianapolis hospital having a baseball sized precancerous pancreatic mass removed along with half my pancreas, all of my spleen, and many lymph nodes. I was so glad to see my mare, and I was so glad that they got the mass in time. (Craig's mother had recently died of pancreatic cancer. He and I were both very concerned that I might be next.)
At the hay rack with Abby and Dolly (Sultanna's mother and Trouble's sister.)
Summertime! And the livin's easy! But I still want those treats I know you have.
A horsey student of mine came out to meet Abby. (And has been out two more times since!) It was red clover season which makes all the horses drool.
For the first three years of adoption, I had to send Indiana Horse Rescue an annual photo of Abby so that they knew that I was giving her good care. This was the last one I sent them.
Pony Pal Mila, Abby, and me.
A quiet moment together by the old barn.
Winter carrots with bestie Diablo.
Beating the heat in the old barn with Diablo.
Falling asleep during a trim, making Tim laugh. (He always does her hooves but had hurt his back and couldn't.)
Apple spaghetti! One of the best things about Fall.
Gentle and kind with some young groomers. Abby isn't even haltered or tied.
Watching Cowpoke Lukie eat HER carrot.
With my dear friend Pam, wishing Pam would stop texting and feed her treats instead.
The day I found her scritching sweet spot.
Me handing a candy cane to my neighbor's little girl who had asked to go to the barn and meet Abby.
A pied piper moment caught on video. She follows me all the time.
Even more apple spaghetti!
A quiet visit after a very rough day of teaching - I'd had a student with serious health issues who'd taken a very bad turn that day. I just needed to hug my horse after school and sort out my grief and sorrow with her.
No words about this one!
I'd just had my first spinal fusion and needed to sit in order to visit. This worked perfectly!
Another selfie on a sunny day.
In Florida for Cory's third birthday and including her "tin hoss" in our celebration.
Gently nuzzling Tim while he trims her hooves.
Visiting on a nippy fall day.
With Teacher Daughter Lisa out in the field.
Meeting Little Feller the day of his birth.
And even more apple spaghetti!
Gently greeting Pony Pal Susie who was only two and a little intimidated.
Growing older together.
It's been a wonderful twelve years together. Here's to many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment