First Post of the Day
This weekend, Hawkeye Sarah surprised me by asking, "Mom, will you put my name on the tag of your white bison?"
My reaction? "Wait, what? You mean Tatanka? You want him?"
She sure did. And if our kids would like to have something (as Mila put it so delicately once, "When you're dead, Grammy?"), then I label on it or mark it some way. In the case of my collection, I put the name on the model's tag.
Not this time. I pulled Tatanka right off the shelf and handed it to her.
It was Sarah's turn to be surprised and she protested a little about taking away a piece of my collection. But I was so delighted that she wanted it, there was no way I was going to keep it. My collection certainly does bring me joy, but it makes me even happier to know that a family member wants to have a piece from it.
And, Sarah is a wildlife photographer, a good one. She has taken many photos of bison during her travels around the western United States. Here is a look at a few of them:





What a wonderful feeling to share your collection, even one piece, with a family member. How appropriate that the white Buffalo, Tatanka, has gone to someone who can and will appreciate it. Won't it look great displayed with her white buffalo photograph!
ReplyDelete