Monday, October 13, 2025

Beignets, Bagpipes, & That Feast Glow

The Monday after the Feast is an interesting day. You are happily tired and still basking in the glow that is the Feast. You also have unpacking the cars staring you in the face, carrying everything back upstairs, inventorying, repacking the tubs, washing the tablecloths and your Feast clothing, making notes of what supplies need to be reordered, and more.

Pass me a maple cake; I'm going back to bed!


But I can't do that (although I will certainly take a nap this afternoon.)

I will try to write some more later today. On my list is:

- The sutler whose kids inadvertently set their demonstration table on fire,

- Discovering the hard way that no one carries quarters anymore,

- The Boy Scout who returned to my tent to tell me that he "didn't die" after eating a maple cake,


- And the sweet "Beignet Girls" who kept me supplied with beignets and duck tenders all weekend long.

I hope to post more later today but honestly, I am moving pretty slowly so we shall see.


Here is a snippet of some bagpipe music for you to enjoy. My tent is located near the staging area for the military parades and so, while I may be tent-bound" all day, I still get to hear (and sometimes watch) the militias as they march by.

It was a wonderful weekend and I have lots to share.

Stay 'tooned! 



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Feast! I can't wait to hear the full stories of the 'teasers' you mentioned. For now, kick back and take it as easy as you can today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect weather here. I spent most of the weekend in the yard. Being outside feeds my soul. Looking forward to hearing Tales of the Feast!

    ReplyDelete