My Riah arrived yesterday - three days before tracking said he was scheduled to be delivered. Not that I am complaining, but I sure was surprised!
Like other collectors, I am playing the "is he or isn't he?" game a bit.
I am pretty sure that mine is not the black point version, but still, it is hard to tell.
Regardless, he's really pretty and his splatter spots are nicely done.
I was hoping that mine might have some halo spots, but I've gone over him a couple of times and don't see any. But check out this black point PAF that belongs to Sande Schneider.
Can you see all those halo spots? Those are so cool! (Photo by Sande.)
Thanks, Sande, for taking the time to send the info and the photos!
Another surprise? Riah is an optional piece, not a must-buy, but included with it was a COA like you get with the four. As I looked at that COA, it had my VC number on it like the must-buy models do.
I don't remember finding my number on the COA for any optional VC pieces. By the same token, I often do not purchase those, so perhaps this is not unusual. If you can clarify for me, I'd appreciate it. Just put a note in the comments. Thank you!
I'll spin to win for the October Give Away tomorrow. Stay 'tooned!






Based on some of the in-hand models being shown on Blab there seems to be a variety in the dappling on Riah.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw your model, my first thought was that your guy is the black point version but I'm not in the club and don't have any black point PAMs so what do I know... : )
Wow yours it’s a tough call. He is a lovely dark version but kinda looks like the black version.
ReplyDeleteLynn--if you'll check the comparison photos listed on Model Horse Blab, you'll see that you DO indeed have the black point version!!
ReplyDeleteIt appears that you don't go by the color points on the legs--but whether the *mane/tail* is darker or lighter!!
There is a good body shot of the black points that some one received. (The regular model's mane and tail are nearly the color of the model itself!)
Congratulations in any case!! He's a beautiful model!!
Congratulations on a beautiful model! When I first looked at your pictures, I thought wow she got the black point! But… the mane and tail on yours kind of look like a really dark gray. I’m not sure! I think on the original Proud Arabian black points, the gray body color was significantly lighter, making it easier to recognize.
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, your model is gorgeous. Mine is on the way!
PS: I love the background in the photos your friend Sande sent you!
ReplyDelete