Today is Feast School Day! And Ouiatenon is preparing for the arrival of 3,000+ excited and active fourth graders. It is going to be fun - I am so excited to be teaching kids again!
Audrey called me yesterday and asked if I might have any cloaks for sale. She switches outfits throughout her performances and wanted a cloak to complete one costume.
I had three for sale and so I met her at my tent as I was setting up for School Day so she could try them on.
This is rather a poignant picture - my mother made that gown and wore it to Leslie's wedding (which was held at the Feast.)
Leslie and our mother at the wedding reception.
It is Audrey's gown now and I think my mother must smile as she looks down and watches Audrey perform in a dress that she'd made and was very special to her.
And now there is something that I made being worn with that gown, making it all the more special to me.
After we'd chatted a bit, Audrey left and I got busy setting up the things I'd been making for months to sell.
Rick had loaned me one of his jewelry cases from his silversmithing days, and I was so happy with how it framed the sleeve buttons and made them rather elegant looking.
I still need to add a tablecloth to this table, but Belle will help me do that today.
I changed my mind and left the beeswax ornaments in their storage cases. I'll probably set them out early Saturday morning. Same with the maple cakes. They are still sealed in their boxes and I can't wait to try one!
The beautiful quilt block was completely hand appliquéd and hand quilted for me by Shelly, my high school best friend and college roommate. Go here to read the full story about it.
Belle and I are heading out to Ouiatenon early this morning. We'll have an hour to set up the 18th century sidesaddle and my English saddle, a second folding table, and the things Tim loaned me and get ready for the kiddos.
Wish Belle and me luck - it's 40 degrees out as I type! Luckily I have two cloaks of my own and can loan one of them to her.






That dress your mother wore is beautiful! So excited for you today, and the rest of the weekend. Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteA great day for cloaks, and yours are lovely, esp that french blue you sold! I halfway want a hunter green one.
ReplyDelete