Friday, January 9, 2026

Collections Within My Collection: Mini Doggos!

For someone who does not actively collect dogs, I sure have a lot of them in my collection. Today we will look at the minis, most of which are Hagen Renakers. (Because who can resist a Hagen Renaker dog??)

Our Duffy was a liver and white Springer Spaniel and I have never seen the HR mini Springer in that coloration, but I do have two black and white HRs among my mini dogs.


An early one from around 1986 with brown and black eyes and another on a 1995 card with black and white eyes. Variations!


This pup is packed away at the moment and I cannot remember its name but I think it is a Disney dog of some sort.


Also packed away is this Terrier and I have a fuzzy memory of it, too, being a Disney piece. 


The Bloodhound was my first Hagen Renaker dog. The black Lab is a more recent addition because of Pepper and Zeus.


A very early Hagen Renaker Cocker Spaniel. Look at that vintage facial detail!


I find a lot of the various HR Cockers, to the point that I have quit buying them. I think these must've been very popular pieces and a lot were produced. 


Difficult to photograph (I tried!), this tiny HR playful puppy was a gift from Nancy Falzone.


A yellow Lab with provenance that is it some of the last pottery from the Hagen Renaker factory.


Possibly another Disney tie-in piece; regardless, it's cute!


A vintage HR circus dog with ruffle.


Another vintage HR circus dog with ruffle and circus base.


A knock-off by Shiken, a Japan company. It is larger than the HR piece and is bone china so it is whiter than the HR.

I've mentioned Music City Son Cole's childhood love of Dalmatians before, so as you might imagine, there are more than a few Dalmatians in my collection.


A hard to find liver and white Dalmatian.


An early black spotted Dalmatian with spatter-style spots.


A spatter-style Dalmatian puppy.


Another spatter-style dog and pup with a later regular spot dog and puppy.

Lastly, a piece that is very much a favorite. Pepper in harness!


Shannon Rodgers found this piece and gifted it to me. I have no idea who produced it, but I sure love it.

That ends the tour of my mini dogs - tomorrow we'll take a look at some larger ones.

Stay 'tooned!



3 comments:

  1. Your first hound and the Scotch Terrier are spitting images of the two dogs in Disney's movie Lady and the Tramp, Trusty the Bloodhound and Jock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s funny how mini collections of what we think we don’t collect just happen. They are all cute. I too have a mini HR collection of mostly cats and horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say the Disney dogs were from Aristocats but TSII is right- it's Lady and the Tramp. I have most of the Breyer dogs, some Hartland dogs, and other randoms. I focused on Nordic breeds and working breeds overall but there is also a odd borzoi! My sister had a liver Springer too, so I expect I have at least one from some maker or another.

    ReplyDelete