Friday, January 30, 2026

New Ponies!

My first new ponies of 2026 are on their way!

Lucky me, I was drawn for a Lisboa.


He's beautiful and I was pleased to be drawn, but actually, Lisboa is not staying with me. I have traded him to a good hobby friend for this:


A glossy Beau N' Arrow from BreyerMidwest. The price point was the same so we did an even trade.


(Yeesh! The riser that model is standing on! Hope he didn't fall!)

 Liz Cory contacted me this week and asked if I might be interested in this china:


A palomino Cheval Stock Horse that Nancy Falzone wanted to sell.


I only have one Cheval Stock Horse in my collection, so I was happy to  purchase this one. Plus, Nancy is a long time friend and it is always nice to have a model from her collection in mine. 

Breyer has been keeping hobbyists hopping and happy this January. Yesterday the first offering from the 2026 Vintage Club was made available.


Sentinel and Echo in a gorgeous blue roan, reminiscent of the old red roan all three of these pieces came in back in Breyer's earlier days.



The foals are a gambler's choice, but if I had a choice, I'd choose the Running Foal. (I have a conga of 17 Running Foals already.) It's a popular mold and I counted 36 different offerings of this mold from Breyer with the most recent one being Nestling in the Robin and Nestling/Birds of a Feather series in 2022.

Contrast that to the Scratching Foal mold.

The Scratching Foal has only been used 11 times since the mold was introduced in 1970 and hasn't been used in 18 years.  It was last seen as 4 different iterations in the Fun Foals Collector's Event in 2009. No doubt the Scratching Echo will be the more sought after piece of the two.

Regardless of who arrives, I will be happy, although if I don't get the Running Echo, I may see if I can find one on the secondary market. 

I already had a name for my foal. Someone on social media said the color looked like milk after Oreos had been dipped into it. New name coined!


3 comments:

  1. The VC RS is fun looking in his Oreo milk color. I too have Lisboa arriving and a glossy beau and arrow. Lisboa may move on but I love a glossy bay so wanted to see him in person first. Nice china love a QH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of Lisboa, congrats on getting picked! Nice that you could trade him for something you wanted even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tickled to win a Lisboa and he will be staying, for sure! I actually bought Anamar when he first came out, and love the mold as Cossaco- I guess I will be needing the Fire Horse, too!

    ReplyDelete