Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A Horsey Classroom

Lisa's school uses the Class program in their building. Part of Class means that each classroom has its own theme and decorates accordingly. (Lisa's has a 1940s spy theme with the idea that the kids use investigation to learn. It's pretty cool!)

I've been helping her in her classroom the past couple of days as she prepares for the coming school year, and I enjoy peeking in classrooms as I walk around the building. I discovered yesterday that a few doors down from her one of the teachers has a horse-themed room!
The 5th grade teachers all decided to use transportation as their theme, so one class uses airplanes, another trains, etc.
Since horses have been used for transportation for thousands of years, this horse-loving teacher melded her horseyness together with her teaching career!
When Lisa mentioned that I was horsey, too, the other teacher invited me in to check out her room and take photos.
It was fun walking around and seeing what she had. She mentioned that she had some Breyers but that she did not want to bring them into her classroom - apparently one year she had a student who would steal things and she did not want to lose any models.
 Her husband made her a teaching stand that looks like barn wood and can be rolled around the classroom as needed.
Were I still teaching, I might've used some of the ideas I have gotten from the different themes and decor at Lisa's school in my own classroom. Especially this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment