I was admiring them and reading the backs to see what they were for, when to my surprise, one listed the judge as Scott Macdonald. That was the name of my horse, Cee's, former owner who had also gone to my high school!
The show was in Kalamazoo, and as Cee had won championships from Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan with Scott, my guess was that this was the same guy.
Cee and me swimming in Burnett Creek in 1974. Cee was a real water lover; Scott used to jump him off the banks of the Wildcat and into the water! I also swam him quite a bit in the Wabash.
Scott and I have lost touch, but I looked him up on Facebook and he is still involved with horses. After some further emails and photos back and forth with the woman who sold me the trophies, it turned out that the Scott who sold me Cee and the one who'd judged the seller of the trophies was the same guy!
Who'd have thought that, forty-five plus years later, I would come across a connection to him in such an odd way!
Who'd have thought that, forty-five plus years later, I would come across a connection to him in such an odd way!



No comments:
Post a Comment