He is so lovely.
He is a Lefton and his number is H1446
And, he has his original Made in Japan sticker and 108 incised into its inner thigh.
My original, named Black Diamond, (who I got in the 1960s) is on the left.
You can see subtle differences between the two.
Mine is missing the H1 from his number, for one thing.
It, too, has the 108 incised into the inner thigh.
His hooves are a bit lighter and he does not quite stand square.
My original has a narrower, longer blaze and slightly different eyes.
The newer Black Diamond has less striping in his mane.
His tail has more white and that white color is brighter.
Black Diamond #2 will be offered for sale - I don't need two of them, and the original is one of my favorites and I would never replace it with another one. So why did I buy him? To get him into the hands of other collectors where he will be loved and appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment