Dear Corinne,
Mom texted me and said that you were asking how your twin horse was doing. I am delighted to let you see for yourself (although I sure wish you were here in person to do so!)
I visit her nearly every day and give her a variety of treats. Although Abby likes peppermints the very best, she also enjoys carrots, apples, and pears.
She is always sad when she has eaten her quota for the day, and often puts her nose through the gate, hoping for more.
But just as people can get tummy aches when they eat too many sweets, so can horses, and I won't let her have too many. Tummy aches in horses (called "colic") can be a very, very bad thing for them. Even worse than in people!It's been very hot in Indiana, so Tim and I keep her trough full of fresh water.
The school where Aunt Lisa teaches is just down the road from the barn, and so she comes out, too, and makes sure Abby is doing well.
Her favorite horse, though, is Hokey, and he really likes her, too. He is so happy in this picture!
She gives good neck rubs, something Hokey is very fond of.
Abby says to tell you "hi," and that she hopes to see you again very soon.
And so do I!
Love,
Grammy




No comments:
Post a Comment