Saturday, February 8, 2020

In Charge Again!

Tim and Loni are traveling again to visit grandchildren, so I am in charge of the barn. And, as I have been teasing Tim, of course we get snowy and icy weather when he goes out of town! 
I'm an early riser, and when I took Pepper out at 5 AM to do her business, my stepping stone garden was so pretty in the snow, I had to take a photo. I love how those tiny grandbaby footprints were outlined in the snow.
I drove out to the barn around noon and topped off the water in the trough after checking to be sure the herd was okay. They had plenty of hay and were enjoying the weak winter sun that had come out after the snowfall.
 The hayfield in the snow with Indian Creek running alongside it.
We got two inches with a layer of sleet between them, but it wasn't too slippery to walk in, although the day before when the ice came over that first inch, roads were a mess and all schools in the county, both in town and out, were closed. There was a bit of a thaw and then another inch of snow fell.
 The entrance to the new barn.

More snow is expected today, but at this point it doesn't look to be more than two inches, so I should still be able to get up the lanes and check the horses without too much trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment