A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post about Shelly, my best friend from high school, who has taken up quilting after retiring. Since she has always been an accomplished seamstress, I was not surprised that even her first quilts were beautiful.
In January, she began doing a Rachel Meyer quilt, an early American style of appliquéd quilt that incorporated horse and rider figures. Shelly told me that there was another horse that she would be making for the quilt, and I asked her to send me a photo of it when it was completed.
Not only did I get that, but I got a photo of the entire center quilt block, too!
It's not finished yet (you can see her basting stitches that mark the center and edge boundaries) but it sure is beautiful even in its incomplete state.
While I do not have an interest in quilting, I do like to sew. And I always make something for the entrants to my Happy Trails show. Here is a sneak peek of the fabric that I think I will be using for this year's show.
Of course, as I shop for fabrics for other sewing projects, I may find something that causes me to change my mind. (Just as an artist can never have enough paints, a sewist can never have enough fabrics!) But whatever I end up sewing for Happy Trails, it will be horsey-themed; that's a given.


No comments:
Post a Comment