Sultanna is finished! And I am very pleased with how she turned out.
Painting is done - I just need to spray on the sealer.
I found the frogs frustrating - even with a teeny tiny detail brush, I struggled with clumsy hands and the inability to see clearly what I was doing. I have bifocals, but I still could not see the frogs well enough to paint them neatly.
The photo is a little blurry, but I am so happy with how Sultana's face turned out.
I have learned so much from participating in NaMoPaiMo this year and I see many ways that I can improve. But I am happiest that I tried. In the past, I've declared to myself that I have no artistic talent and never attempted painting a model horse. And while I don't think I will ever take the model horse world by storm with my creations, I can still find enjoyment and self satisfaction in painting model horses.
That is more than enough.
Congrats! She looks great and I admire your determination on this project.
ReplyDeleteThat's one of the things that I love about NaMoPaiMo -- it encourages all of us non-artistic folks to try.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you finished! but I'm even more glad you joined. She is beautiful in more ways than one.
ReplyDelete