I had two yellow colors, Yellow Oxide and Yellow Medium that I was considering.
Not knowing how they would look by themselves, I pulled out Practice Pony and put some of each on her neck. They weren't the colors I was trying for.
Then I mixed a drop of each together and blended them well.
That was more the color I was going for so I did another test brushing on Practice Pony.
It looked like what I wanted, but I completely missed that the brush strokes showed in her paint, an indication that I had forgotten to thin my color down with water.
I began applying the color to Sultanna and it was a disaster,
Not only was the paint too thick, but it wasn't blended as well as I had thought. Dark and light spots appeared. How was I going to fix those?Adding to my frustration was that I got paint on my only pair of jeans. Since I am still losing weight, I am reluctant to buy many clothes as my weight continues to go down. (I plan to spend a day shopping when I hit goal - just twenty more pounds to get there!)
The Shout got a little of the paint out, but I will try rubbing alcohol next and see if that works. I also have some paint pens that I use for making quiet books. As a last ditch resort, I will try to match the color with one of them and color over the paint.
As I said, I did an excellent job of getting Sultana into the ugly stage. Now I need to figure out how to get her out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment