Then I wondered - should I mix those two colors together to make it even lighter? Or was this light enough for the second coat of paint?
I pulled out my practice Stablemate, put a few brush strokes on her, and decided that I liked the color and would use it as is. (I thinned it with water first.)
Painting is scary! I swished my brush around in the paint few times before I finally got my nerve up to get started.
Like the first layer, I began on the bottom of the horse, flipping it upside down so that I could be sure that I got a nice, light coverage. I left the hooves alone as they will be a different color than the body.
Despite having two lights on and having the craft table by the window, I was still frustrated that I could not see the model as well as I wanted. I decided to turn on the flashlight that is on my phone, and that was really helpful. I peered at the model from all angles to be sure I got color where I wanted it and had not left any bare spots.
I felt like the paint still was just a bit thick in spots, so I dipped the brush in water and went over those parts. I liked the results - it looked more evenly painted now.
I see a line on her barrel and I think it must be in the plastic itself. I can't feel it and I didn't see it during prepping, but the paint has made it visible. I thought about ignoring it and just painting over it, but even though this is my first piece to paint, I am determined to give it my best effort. And if that means a little sanding and repainting, so be it. Far better to do it in the early stages rather than later.
I'll let this coat of paint dry and then get the sandpaper back out.
Congratulations! Looking good.
ReplyDelete