Friday, April 30, 2021

Circus Time: Breyer Porcelains

Breyer has produced two sets of porcelain circus horses and they are stunning to look at. Kathleen Moody was the sculptor.


Applause and Encore were released as special runs at BreyerFest in 2006. Only 500 were made and so this pair can be difficult to find. They don't come up for sale very often and when they do, they are very expensive.

The original release of the pair was called Circus Ponies in Costumes and they were only manufactured for one year in 1996.


I took their picture through the glass of the china cabinet - I am too leery of damaging them if I remove them for photos. They are lovely, too, although I think I prefer the palominos. 

I've often wished that Breyer would take the Circus Horse molds out and cast them again. Porcelain or plastic, it doesn't matter to me - I'd just love to have more of them because I like the set so much.

Tomorrow we will take a break from the circus and look at the oldest continuously held sporting event in America - the Kentucky Derby.

Prepare to be amazed!



No comments:

Post a Comment