The Misty of Chincoteague Foundation had a meeting this past Saturday and I was introduced as a new board member and secretary. I was nervous and even a bit intimidated.
Board member Dr. Ann H. McCormick is a name I already knew from education circles. (Reader Bee, Reader Rabbit.) One board member is a doctor in California, another served in the Foreign Service in Morocco (he worked with Marguerite Henry when she was writing King of the Wind). There is a Chincoteague Islander who seems to be a sort of liaison between us and the cultural history preservation work on the island, and so forth.
Liz Cory herself is quite an accomplished woman. Among other things she is a former TV news anchor in Chicago and she has been spokesperson for the Federal Aviation Administration (check out this podcast) for several decades.
Time will tell, but as I get started in working with The Misty of Chincoteague Foundation, I am excited to connect the dots between my love of horses, kids, and literacy.
(Now, I'd better get those minutes typed and sent out.)

What a great opportunity to contribute - sounds like fun!
ReplyDelete