Ever since I started Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile last August, my horse room has become more and more cramped and crowded.
So many of my hobby supplies are in that closet, and to access them I had to move the ironing board and the boxes tucked behind the table (that you can't see), squeeze past the table, and carefully open the doors. Getting to that shelf of horses on the right meant moving the table in addition to everything else.
I even had tubs underneath the sewing table itself - and that meant I could not open the windows or blinds without working around (and over) the table and tubs.
My back has really been bothering me, especially as I juggle tubs and things in order to sew, embroider, or work on my collection. Today as I was moving some things around, it hit me - after my spinal fusion in a few weeks, I was going to be under a lot of restrictions for bending, lifting, and twisting for quite some time. There was simply no way that I would be able to continue moving things around multiple times a day in my horse room.
Fortunately, I had another option. More tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment