Saturday, April 17, 2021

Progress on the Old Barn

Tim continues to work on repairing and cleaning up the interior of the old barn. I though you might enjoying seeing some photos of the progress he's made.


I love old barns, and have become very attached to this one. (I like it better than the new barn.)


These are the north doors to the old barn and they slide apart to open. The area is all cleaned out and open now, and Tim has been working in those two stalls you can see on the left. 


One (with the red extension cord hanging on it) was a former tack room that was also used for storage by the elderly couple who live in the old farmhouse on the property. 


The smaller stall (with the wooden latch) has had mowers and machinery stored in it. That's all cleaned out now.


It looks a lot better than it did! I'm not sure, but I think that that is an old hay feeder leaning against the wall.


Across the aisle is another box stall that has yet to be cleaned out and made usable.


Looking in the opposite direction and back to the two box stalls that the horses use is one of my favorite spots - I've spent a lot of time standing by that little wooden gate and visiting with Abby and the herd. It's cool in the summer and warm in the winter. 


The box stall Abby, Trouble, and Hokey are currently using when they feel like coming inside.


When I was a girl and dreaming of the barn I'd like to have, that perfect barn with all the amenities, I never, ever gave a thought to having an old wooden barn. Now? It's one of my favorite places to be.












No comments:

Post a Comment