And the sewing of the riding habits continues - on and on and on! But I'm getting close to done. (Which is good - October 1 is less than two weeks away!)
Because these habits have so many pieces, sometimes I make the individual pieces out of stitching order in the instructions. That way they are ready to pop in when I get to that point in the instructions. But that can backfire, and it did yesterday.
I had made the cuffs for both jackets a week ago only to discover that I'd misread the instructions and had to totally redo them. That's four pieces of fabric per cuff for a total of sixteen pieces plus redoing all the trim. It took me most of the day. (So much for saving time!)
It looks much better now and is ready to go back to my sister.
Still left to do on my habit: hem the petticoat, buttons on the waistcoat, attach the waistcoat to the jacket, buttonholes, buttons, and final (and minimal) trim to the jacket.
And for Lisa's: hem the petticoat, add lining to the jacket, add the cuffs to the jacket, buttonhole, trim, and buttons to the waistcoat, add the waistcoat to the jacket, and then buttons, buttonholes, and final trim to the jacket.



No comments:
Post a Comment