Monday, September 13, 2021

Morning at the Farm: "This is for You!"

Lukie and I finished our visit to The Farm at Prophetstown by walking through the Gibson Farmhouse.


One of the first things I spied was this circus horse bank.


Lukie's mama, Vanessa, loves sunflowers, so we took a photo of Lukie in the Farmhouse kitchen wearing this sunflower patterned apron.


Wouldn't you love to have Thanksgiving or Sunday dinners in this beautiful room?


This was my Grandma Martin's rocker. My sister Leslie donated it along with our mom's china hutch to the Farm.


The Farmhouse has a gift shop in one of the rooms and Lukie chose this stuffed pony to take home. (Selfies with a three year old while rocking back and forth on a porch swing are hard.)

Lukie took some photos of me in the porch swing holding my souvenir, something he had insisted that I needed. 


The pictures he took were all like this one, so I had him hold my souvenir and took another photo.


A Safari Thoroughbred! When we walked into the gift shop, he spied that little horse, grabbed it and turned to me saying, "Grammy, this is for you!"


Sorry for the crummy photos; they were taken very early in the morning before the sun was up.


Using the flash wasn't much better. (Some day I need to dedicate a corner of my office to a photo stand and set up my light ring and backdrop permanently. Maybe when those riding habits are finished.)


Our Grammy School field trip to the Farm took the entire morning. I'd also planned to go out into the park and see the memorials to the native peoples who had once lived in the area, but that will have to wait for the next field trip.







1 comment:

  1. Reading about your field trip reminds me of being apart of Eastside Explorer, a HUGE homeschool group in Phoenix, Arizona. One of the many field trips we went on was going to the local farms in Gilbert and Mesa. It was really fun! Lots of good memories!

    ReplyDelete